Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oh Holy Almost a Month

Wow!!  It's almost been a month since I've had a chance to update.
It's been a busy 3+ weeks.

The hustle and bustle of the season has crept up on us.  We are soooooo NOT ready.
We didn't even get to decorate the house.
Somehow, we're missing an entire box of Christmas lights and evergreen.
I think it got damaged in the move from the Mushroom Mess to Fulton
The strands we had, all but one measly red, white and blue set, were dead.
This means we have our mantle decorated.
We also once again went with a small tree......HIGH HIGH HIGH up on a table
This would be.........due to our new puppy
Why in the heck is it that every Christmas, we seem to have a puppy in the house......either ours or a foster?

This year, it's a mastiff X named Henry.  He's available for adoption right now.  However, that may not be the case as his training progresses.  He is truly a smart and willing to please puppy.  His biggest issue is he wants to RUN in the house.  He's learned the command "WALK" and he slows.......for all of about 3 secs.
He's really quite sweet and truly wants to be a good boy.  He sits and lays down on command.  He gets up every morning at the exact same time (5:45 on the dot) wanting to go out.  He grabs his leash and heads right for the door.  He is an exceptional puppy for a creature only 4 mos old.
Anyway, I totally digressed there..........back to the "Holidays".  I'm sooooooooooooo not ready for Christmas this year.  I promised myself that I would get ready "all year long" and THAT did not happen.  Now, I'm kicking myself.  In fact, in just a few short minutes, I'll be heading to CoMo with LB, she's got a State Choir practice for a few hours and I'm going to try to do some Xmas shopping.  Funny thing about my Xmas shopping.  Every year....every single year....since she was born.....PC is ALWAYS done 1st.  I have no idea why.  She is easy to buy for I guess.  I don't know what it is but that's just how it is.  As of 2 weeks ago, she was the ONLY one I had anything bought for........what the heck????  

Years ago, when gifts would be wrapped and put out, LB noticed that PC had packages and she didn't.  She was CONVINCED we loved PC more than her.  Goofy.

I'm really not feeling it this year.  I have my earbuds in and have cranked up the Xmas tunes in an attempt to put myself "in the mood"........on that:

IT AIN'T WORKING!!!!!!!!!!
Ok....for my close friends, I know you are laughing.......yes Seahag....I am pointedly talking RIGHT AT YOU and BabyJ, you are pretty much being addressed as well........you all know that at least PART of this BAH HUMBUG is because of..........wait for it.........wait for it........
I know....I know....this is what everyone else sees when it starts to snow....the world is transformed into some kind of magical place.  I got news for, Sugar Plums...........this is what HELL looks like.

Hellfire and brimstone......no way........Hell will be a never ending winter with constant snowfall and everyone around me talking about how wonderful it is, getting ready to go ice skating and skiing and all that other crap y'all think is wicked fun.

When did this intense hatred of winter start?  When I took my 1st breath.....ok, maybe it was not THAT long ago.....but here's a little story about Miss Mendy and winter.....

My adorable little sister and I were taken to Art Hill in Forest Park in St. Louis to go sledding.  We went careening down that damn hill, heading straight for the lake at the bottom.  We had no control.  We knocked over several people.  She was screaming her little head off.  I couldn't control the effn sled.  I tried to stop it by putting my hand down (I was 5 or 6, give me a break) and cut my hand.  Some old dude stopped us but we knocked him in and we went in anyway.  I can't remember if Susie in her cute pink snow suit actually went in on not but I did.  I got soaked.  Susie was sobbing and I got yelled at.  This is just ONE of my oh so fond memories of me in the snow.

Yeah folks, winter and I do NOT agree.  Never have.

I'd like to try this.......Just once......Maybe I would hate it
Probably not :)
That looks like heaven on earth and a hell of a great way to spent the holidays!!

Ok......so having said that, how amusing is it that I had a dream about going strolling at Stephens Lake Park in a snowfall???  I must be going crazy.  Crazy like a fox .......or is that a Vixen.  Look, if the snow was not slippery or cold, maybe I'd feel differently.   According to the Seahag, snow can be warm.  In my dream it was.  Happy?  I did wake up smiling?  ;)

And NO.......NO .......NO......I am NOT NOT NOT NOT.....doing the Polar Plunge for Charity in the Lake .........STOP ASKING.........my arse is soooooo not jumping in a freezing cold lake for nothing.  It's not that I don't believe in charity work........but that is asking way too much of me.

Okay, time to get ready to brave the temps and the crowds and act happy.
Think I can do it??



No comments:

Post a Comment