Monday, December 16, 2013

Glitter is like Herpes..........

This is in celebration of the season.
And..........the one yr anniversary of me being Ground Zero for the Glitter Pandemic
Oh yes, I am the Numero Uno Glitter Herp.........

You see, a year ago, someone came into my office while I was quietly finishing up projects.....beautiful bells and ornaments with coping skills for "Dealing with Depression" written on them.  The were sparkly and spangly and even purposeful.  I had Christmas music playing and was so pleased as no arts and crafts supplies were spilled on my desk.....or the carpet

Sadly, no one bothered to warn me about the person who sneaked into my office and crept up behind me to ask
 "HEY CAN I USE YOUR PHONE?"
He basically yelled it and I about had a heart attack.....

Friends will tell you, I tend to scream and throw my hands in the air when scared.  This was no different.
What was different........I was holding a 1 pound container of glitter.......an OPEN one pound container of glitter.



It was a glitter party!!!!

Except it was TOTALLY UNPLANNED & JUST FOR 1
And....it really didn't look anything like this at all

It looked more like this

All over the floor.......the carpet, the chair, my desk, the keyboard, and oh yes, ME

I am not so lucky that it would magically turn me into some kind of sexy fairy or something or even strategically fall in the right place.......if glitter as a RIGHT place on the human body 

(Shhhhh....we're not discussing that right now)

So..........NO, I didn't end up looking amazing

I also didn't realize that come the next morning, even though I spent HOURS cleaning up the glitter......BTW....TAPE.......if you spill glitter.....TAPE or a lint roller works really, really well for getting it off the carpet and the office furniture.........anyway, it was all over the workplace that ***I**** use .....

GASP.................

(For the full effect, say those glitters like echoes getting further away..it's really nifty!!)

Fast forward a year............yes folks....I still sparkle and spangly and use glitter.  I also STILL clean up after myself.......contrary to RUMORS and MEAN PEOPLE. I'm STILL you know where all because of a little....well you know:




Glitter may be the herpes of the arts and crafts world but it's also one hell of a mood improvement motivator.
You may as well just get used to it because me and my glitter are not going anywhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment