Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lucky

In just over 6 mos, Mr. P & I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

I've mentioned this several times recently.

But, here are some things maybe people don't know........


I fell in love with him the very 1st time I saw him.
It was in the lower hall of A building.
It was during "Spirit Week" for right before prom, his senior year.
He was dressed in a Panama Jack's "Girl Watching" shirt, with binoculars.
He got cocky with me when I asked what his sport was and aimed those things at me.
I fell hard.

I have a very ugly nickname for someone we went to HS with who confronted me about "stealing" him though they never dated.  I have shared this with my children.  My BFF from HS **might** remember it.  NO....I'm not putting it here.  That would be unkind and cruel.  I also offered to scratch this person's eyes out in the music room of SCHS.  That offer still stands if you'd like to come and try to steal him back....


I'm 3 inches taller than him.  I like to wear heels so I can kiss the top of his head.  I also stand as tall as I can sometimes when we are smooching just so he says "Stop it!"

Our hands and feet are exactly the same size.  I wore his high school class ring the other day.....

He loves my cooking and even when he doesn't, he is complimentary.

He usually gives me the remote & watches whatever I want.

He doesn't fuss when I spend hours on the computer editing papers, working on my books or blogs, or talking to friends.

He got a horse for himself so we could ride together..........and cried when we had to put her down in 2011

Gypsy & Mr. P in 1999
Ok......sounds great right........
It's not all kisses and chocolates and flowers in my hair.
We can fight.......and do
He picks on me about hitting SNOOZE.
He drives me totally bat shit crazy sometimes.
He's become a football junkie and THAT is ....ewwwww
There are days I want to pack my junk and move to Belize...or Brazil...or Taiwan

But......he supports my horse addiction....without question.  He even busted his ass for years...without complaining
Mr. P talking to Ex-racer and rescue horse Lucy in 2009
He doesn't fuss about our dogs or the foster dogs.
He tells me how great I smell.
He smooches me every morning and tells me he loves me.
He takes care of the oil in my truck religiously.
He snuggles me every night like an overgrown octopus....never letting go
He's a great father........an amazing father
He supports me in anything I try & even things I think I want
Mr. P and Romeo....working the green out in 2007
He loves me for WHO I am.......

He is the only person I have a ringtone set for on my phone that was purchased.
It's "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
It's a cute little song........and this is how I still feel about my hubby
Take a listen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acvIVA9-FMQ


"I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend, I'm lucky to have been where I have been....Lucky, we're in love in every way."



No comments:

Post a Comment