Friday, January 3, 2014

Cold…….Cold……...COLD!!!


If you know me, you know 1 thing for certain:

I HATE COLD WEATHER!!

The word hate is most certainly a strong one.  If you know of a stronger one, please insert it where hate is.  

I don’t like anything about winter.
There is not one single redeeming quality.
Snow is not pretty.
Ice on trees is not beautiful.
Snow days are not fun.

Y'all can keep that crap.........Hallmark and their sickening sweet cards have brainwashed you.

I suppose the reason is the COLD.
At least that what I have been told.

I’ve been assured by my dear friend the Seahag…..if I’d ever experience winter where it didn’t bite you to the bone, I’d just LOVE snow.

I don’t believe it.  In order for it to snow…...it has to be COLD!!
When it’s not COLD and stuff falls from the sky…..it’s called RAIN

I like rain……...not days and days of it…...that makes MUD but this is not a blog entitled MUD
This is about the son of a bitch:  COLD

Here’s the gig…..I get COLD very easily.  Once I get COLD, it takes days….sometimes weeks for me to warm up.  Nothing helps once I get COLD…..and, I do mean nothing.
I have tried baths, hot tubs, sleeping in footie jammies…...doesn’t work.

When I get COLD, I’m chilled to the bone.

It’s terribly hard to be motivated to do anything we you are shivering to the point you can’t move.
THAT is where I really start having real issues with COLD.

COLD ruins my life……..I can’t go out and have fun.
Today, Honey Bunches said it best:

“Flip flops = FUN!  You can’t have real fun in SNOWBOOTS!”


Amen and dayum straight!  

There is not a single thing I want to do when it’s COLD outside.  
You can keep skiing, ice skating, snow boarding and sleigh rides.
I am a flip flop kinda girl.

I need the sun on my face and baking my shoulders to a nice brown.
I like my cheap sunglasses and my tank tops.
I like fireflies and heat lightning.
I like mirages of water on the hot pavement when you are driving with the windows down blaring and singing to “Hurts So Good” by John Mellencamp before he added the Cougar.
I like cold wine coolers in the bed of a PU truck with good friends.
I like galloping across a field bareback and taking a plunge into a stream with a sweaty horse.
I like watching butterflies and hummingbirds.
I like spending hours in the dog park.
I like the smell of horse shit when you can actually pick it from a stall instead of tripping over it as it’s frozen to the ground.
I like trail riding from dawn to dusk.

It’s official.
My I hate winter and I hate COLD campaign has started.
The countdown to spring calendar goes up tomorrow!


Does anyone have a heat lamp I can have?  I’m pretty sure I suffer from seasonal affective disorder!

2 comments:

  1. As you know I love the snow. But this cold crap???? It blows donkey balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete